Re: DECtalk and emacs 21.3

what was disturbing was that he had two different versions of emacs on
two different flavors of debian and concluded the issue was with Emacs
--
which was subsequently made worse by Tim's added confusion about
Dectalk not running on Debian stable.

To isolate a problem and blame on any component --e.g. emacs 21.3 --
 the first basic step is to ensure that all other bits are the same.

    Greg> T. V. and Nath: Hay Raman,

    Greg> What did you have for breakfast this morning?

    Greg> The original note clearly states a problem and the
    Greg> environment that it is occuring in.  While there may well be
    Greg> more information you would like to know, this is clearly not
    Greg> a case of "I have just put emacspeak on a computer and it
    Greg> dosn't work.  Tell me what to do now."  I am sure if there
    Greg> are particulars you want to know about Nath's configuration
    Greg> or setup all you would have to do is ask.

    Greg> (Tim seams to be mistaken as Nath clearly states that his
    Greg> debian stable box is running the dectalk software.  While
    Greg> Tim feels will not run under debian stable, clearly that is
    Greg> not the case.)

    Greg> Just what is it that bothers you about Nath's original
    Greg> message?  Usually I am able to see what it is that you find
    Greg> disturbing in a message, this time I do not.

    Greg> It seams to me that Nath's question is exactly the kind of
    Greg> question this list is here to help with.

    Greg> Help me understand your outburst.  Am I missing something?

    Greg> Nath,

    Greg> Remember, we are all members on this list.  You have not
    Greg> received anything from me, the list administrator, telling
    Greg> you I am removing you for inappropriate posts.

    Greg> Perhaps you are not aware, but every once in a while Raman
    Greg> posts a post like this one.  He is the author of emacspeak
    Greg> and we are all indebted to and to some extent dependent on
    Greg> him and his continued good graces.  As such, his outbursts
    Greg> are tolerated.  Most creative genius have eccentricities.
    Greg> You just hit his head-on.

    Greg> I hope that you choise to stay with emacspeak and this list.
    Greg> T. V. is the creator of emacspeak, but he is neither the
    Greg> only voice on the emacspeak mailing list nor the only one to
    Greg> offer help.

    Greg> I for one want to know if you manage to resolve the time
    Greg> delay problem you are experiencing.

    Greg> -Greg

    Greg> --

    Greg>  Greg Priest-Dorman priestdo@xxxxxxxxxxx