Re: Trying to use ViaVoice

Hello Kalyan,

Kalyan Mukherjea <kalyan.infinity@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Regarding CVS updates, I would like to learn how to do CVS updates,
> because Raman keeps adding features particularly to W3 mode which
> would be extremely useful for me. Can one do CVS updates while logged
> in as ordinary user?

That will depend on permissions.  Making the assumption that you have
the version of emacspeak that we have talked about in the past installed
in your home directory, then yes, you can install the cvs version as
yourself.

> Since I don't really understand code and how
> things work, I feel nerous about making changes to emacspeak --- my
> only way of doing anything meaningful on the computer.

Without knowing exactly how you start and login to your machine, all I
can make are assumptions based on my setup.  In our discussions I have
the impression that you have the Fedora version of emacspeak installed
as well as your version 23, installed in $HOME.  If this is the case, as
it is with me, then you can use either version of emacspeak, with a
small change in the executable path.  If the computer does not log you
in automatically, one way to accomplish this would be to create a new
user called emergency or whatever that will use the system installed
version of emacspeak.  Another alternative that has been discussed on
the list in the past is using a script to choose which version to run.
I believe it was Tim that mentioned this, so you might be able to find
it in the archive.

rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Excellent day for putting Slinkies on an escalator.