Re: just a newbi problem, want to use festival, not flite with emacspeak

this is all confusing for me right now.
firstly with a p4 1.4 ghz processor with 256 mb ram, will espeakf and
emacspeak with emacs run fine?
secondly I feel I will perhaps need to compile every thing by hand.
got a few packages from ubuntu's packages web site but none of them
are working fine.
may be some one could point me to the right url for the same.
else, kindly tell me about what all tools I will need to compile
emacs, emacspeak, espeakf.
thanking all.
Krishnakant.