Re: audio icons work everywhere except w3m.

Hi Krishna,
   I think it would help everybody if you used terms which belong to
   Emacspeak rather than phrases which you have picked  up elsewhere or
   invented yourself.

Nowhere in the Emacspeak info file is there any mention of "audio icons"
if you read Tim's letter you will see the correct term "auditory
icons".

I am certain you are not hearing auditory icons You have to select an
icon player and if you don't have a multichannel sound card this
choice should be  `aplay'. Then you ought to put something like this
in your ~/.emacs file:

	  (setq emacspeak-play-program "aplay")
	  (setq emacspeak-auditory-icon-function 'emacspeak-play-auditory-icon)
	  (emacspeak-toggle-auditory-icons t)

Tell me if this helps.

Cheers.
Kalyan

PS: The auditory icons (on my system) live at:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds/default-8k/

The files have names like alert.au etc You can play them by visiting
this directory in a dired buffer, place the point on each file and
press ! aplay <RET>