Re: audio icons work everywhere except w3m.

Kalyan,

Since you're A) in Delhi, and B) have been using emacspeak for a
while and appear to actually be running a working version, could
you perhaps help out Arun Mehta and the NAB at their Linux Users
meeting next week?

Copying Arun so you guys can connect up.

    Kalyan> Hi Krishna, I think it would help everybody if you
    Kalyan> used terms which belong to Emacspeak rather than
    Kalyan> phrases which you have picked up elsewhere or
    Kalyan> invented yourself.
    Kalyan>
    Kalyan> Nowhere in the Emacspeak info file is there any
    Kalyan> mention of "audio icons" if you read Tim's letter you
    Kalyan> will see the correct term "auditory icons".
    Kalyan>
    Kalyan> I am certain you are not hearing auditory icons You
    Kalyan> have to select an icon player and if you don't have a
    Kalyan> multichannel sound card this choice should be
    Kalyan> `aplay'. Then you ought to put something like this in
    Kalyan> your ~/.emacs file:
    Kalyan>
    Kalyan> 	  (setq emacspeak-play-program "aplay") (setq
    Kalyan> emacspeak-auditory-icon-function
    Kalyan> 'emacspeak-play-auditory-icon)
    Kalyan> (emacspeak-toggle-auditory-icons t)
    Kalyan>

    Kalyan> Tell me if this helps.
    Kalyan>
    Kalyan> Cheers.  Kalyan
    Kalyan>
    Kalyan> PS: The auditory icons (on my system) live at:
    Kalyan> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/sounds/default-8k/
    Kalyan>
    Kalyan> The files have names like alert.au etc You can play
    Kalyan> them by visiting this directory in a dired buffer,
    Kalyan> place the point on each file and press ! aplay <RET>

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs