Re: setting punctuation mode globally does not seem to stick

Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Same thing here. Because I start emacs rarely thanks to software
> suspend, I did not bother yet to investigate the cause of this.  I
> start emacspeak as early as possible in the emacs start process in
>
> /etc/emacs/site-start.d/10emacspeak.el

This is the "debian" way, right?  I have my emacs setup in $HOME and
that is the only place where code goes, save for the outloud stuff which
is installed in the default locations.

> Maybe, it helps setting the speech rate again somewhere towards the
> end of .emacs.

I'll try this later on and see if it solves the problem.

> About your punctuation problems: You propbably know this already but
> at least for w3m, emacspeak sets the punctuation mode to "some" in the
> advice for w3m-mode, regardless what the global settings are. Maybe, a
> similar things is going on in your case.

I took a look in the emacspeak-gnus.el file and nothing is done with the
punctuation mode.  I have added the code to set it in the various
mode hooks and will be sending a patch after a few days... just to see
if there are any unintended effects.  I would like to get Dr. Ramen's
opinion on this, but do think it would be useful or necessary to give
the option for the default punctuation mode to be set by the user?  I
tend to use 'some' for everything but sourcecode, but I might be in the
minority.

Thanks,
rdc
--