Re: Emacspeak auditory icons

zkline@ writes:

> I am using Emacspeak 25, which I installed from the Gentoo Linux
> ebuild--I've no reason to believe this differs in any significant way
> from the original distribution.
> 	I'm using Eflite as a speech synthesizer, hence my reference to
> software speech.

eflite is not the only software synth.  I use via voice as do several
others on the list, some are also using espeak, multispeech might also
be represented here as I believe it was used as the default with
Oralux.

> The value I'm refering to is found in the Emacspeak Sounds
> customization group, as 'Emacspeak Auditory Icon Function'.  I'm not
> entirely sure what each of these functions does different from the
> others, but the current setting is emacspeak-queue-auditory-icons

I see.  Doing an apropos search without the "s" at the end will give a
return.  Perhaps you have it misspelled in the config?  The name of the
function seems to be emacspeak-queue-auditory-icon.  Check this to see
if it matches.

Mine is set to emacspeak-serve-auditory-icon.  It also says in the line
below where you would change this in the customization buffer that it is
standard.  I am not sure why yours is different.  Was this the setting
when you installed?  Perhaps this setting is changed based on the
server, although the function documentation does not mention this.  Let
me know if this setting says something other than standard below it.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

/* now make a new head in the exact same spot */
		-- Larry Wall in cons.c from the perl source code