Re: Espeak Server Likes PulseAudio?

Yeah, tell me about PulseAudio and its antics.  I would love to nuke
pulse here but I want to be able to use gnome here too and you know
now that gnome requires pulse to do anything with sound.  I finally
got pulse's configuration to allow native ALSA and pulse to co-exist
but I'm still trying to smooth espeak out.  I rebuilt espeak to use
ALSA (portaudio) exclusively but now I seem to lose speech
periodically and have to use emacspeak's c-e c-s command to restart
speech.  Not sure what's up there but might have to go back to using
pulse on this one.  speakup seems to be flawless with its espeakup
module.