Re: Emacspeak with eSpeak losing speech on Vinux 4

One of the main reasons I use X and gnome is to have easy access to
google-chrome and chromevox, which I find to be the best web browser
with speech support out there. The use of gnome orca makes the gnome
experience bearable and the combination of emacs, emacspeak, google
chrome and chromevox gives me a pretty comprehensive environment. When I
absolutely have to, I can fall back to gnome-terminal, orca and gedit
(or even vi in a pinch).

I fought against the GUI environment for years, but realised that the
web was becoming too 'rich' for a plain text editor that doens't support
javascript. While I still use w3m and even w3 from time to time, I use
chrome and chromevox more and more. in fact, one of my tasks for today
is to adjust my browse-url config to make switching between browsing
with w3m, w3 and chrome even easier.